Friday, September 30, 2011

Beef + Beef

s_2281
Tonight, I grilled up a flat iron steak on my infrared grill. I had some nitrate-free beef hot dogs getting ready to expire so I threw them on as an appetizer. I marinated the steak for three hours in a mixture of olive oil, a dash of cooking wine, italian spices, fresh garlic, and onion flakes. Infrared cooking sears in all the juices and flavor and speeds up the cooking time.
s_2279

I cooked the flat iron to an internal temperature of 140 degrees and then let it stand for 5 minutes. Letting it cool before slicing causes the juices to be drawn back in from the surface, making the steak flavor and juiciness consistent all the way through. I hate nothing worse than a dry steak.

I just love the way a flat iron steak looks on a serving platter.
Beefs2280

This probably could have served three skinny adults but I ate most of it myself. I also added two of the all beef franks as appetizers, slicing them lengthwise and filling them with strips of pepper jack cheese. This beefy plate did not disappoint and I look forward to trying variations of it again in the future.


- Posted using BlogPress for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment