Friday, September 30, 2011

Perfect Poached Eggs


s_1106
Pictured above are two of the most beautifully poached eggs that you will ever see. I served them over slices of braunschweiger with one of my
wife's homemade (low carb) cream cheese muffins.

All you need is a poached egg insert and you too can make perfect poached eggs every time. I purchased this egg poaching pan insert at Wal-mart but you get get them online also
for around ten dollars. Although it has a non-stick surface your eggs will still want to stick. If you add water to the little bowls it will help but they will have bubbles and rough edges. The best way I have found to keep them from sticking is to lightly oil the surface before dropping in the eggs. Too much oil and your eggs will turn yellow, so be careful. Sometimes I use a light olive oil spray, but since I am trying to increase my fat intake at this stage in my diet, I added a little melted bacon grease to each section and then rubbed it in with a napkin. The results were splendid.
s_1104 s_1105
Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, all you need is a flexible small spatula to get them out without breaking them.





No comments:

Post a Comment