Friday, September 30, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Scallops

s_2040


Ok, so I cheated a bit on this recipe. I found a great low carb meal at Kroger in the frozen food section, scallops wrapped in pre-cooked bacon. But I did tweak it just a bit...

s_2041


Here's all I had to do:

  • Heat two tablespoons of oil in a skillet.
  • Open the box and place the frozen scallops bacon-side down.
  • Since the bacon was pre-cooked it took less than 8 minutes on medium for these to be finished.
  • I turned them once during the cooking process to make sure that both sides were fully cooked.

s_2042


Once they were done (165F in the center) I placed them on an appetizer platter. Then, I made a sauce using a trick my wife taught me called "de-glazing" to finish off the plate. De-glazing is where you make a sauce using the caramelized bits of meat and grease the end up on the bottom of the pan. This sauce was very easy and delicious! After removing the wraps, I added an 1/8 cup of heavy cream and brought it to a boil, scraping all the caramelized goodies off the bottom of the pan while stirring. You can see the results drizzled across the top of the dish pictured at the top of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment