Saturday, October 22, 2011

Celebrating a 4 pound loss this week!

I finally made it through a whole week without any wheat products. I had been able to keep the sugars and starches out for a few weeks but I had a wrap at clinicals a week ago and I think it stunted my losses. I was also frustrated with the scale just sticking in one place day after day, so I stopped weighing in every day and decided to start using Saturday mornings as my official weigh in day. Well, then without warning a family illness kept me up at the hospital for 24 hours and I ended up coming home at 3:00 AM this morning and wolfing down a giant fresh beef burger smothered in cheese. So - when I weighed in I was sure the scale was going to yell, Get off me Fat Ass!" But much to my surprise it showed a 4.1 loss since my last weigh in earlier in the week. I was ecstatic!

Well, what is an ecstatic fat boy expected to do? Celebrate!!!! I like to celebrate with food. No! I did not cheat on my diet, but I decided to kick it up a notch and make a giant egg roll, John Style! Here's how I did it:

First, I baked of a pan of bacon in the oven so the strips would be nice and perfectly long. Then I harvested them onto some napkins to drain and snacked on a few while I contemplated my next move.





Then I diced up some onion, green pepper, and baby 'bellas and fried them up in a skillet until they started to caramelize a bit.




Next I whipped up 4 large eggs and poured them over the simmering veggies.




This next step is when I added the perfect strips of bacon.




Then I topped it all with a blend of shredded cheeses.




The final step was pretty hard to do and took two flippers to accomplish rolling up the giant 12" egg roll. It was a bit messy at first and since it took two hands I wasn't able to grab any pics. But the end result was phenomenal! I grilled each side for about a minute and then plated it.  I ended up with a giant egg roll stuffed with cheese,  bacon, and veggies - all topped with more shredded cheese and Fage Greek yogurt. Success! Next time I might add a few more strips of bacon and some olives...



No comments:

Post a Comment