Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bruno's Stuffed Chicken Roll

Chix_role1

One of my favorite indulgences is the best kept secret in NW Indiana, Bruno’s Pizza! Nestled in the quaint downtown area of New Carlisle, this newly remodeled restaurant serves up the best pizza I have had the privilege of tasting. Sure, there are other Bruno’s restaurants scattered around Indiana but none of them come close to matching the flavor and pizza density of the New Carlisle version. Since I eat only the toppings on this diet, the super thick toppings on their “combination pizza” make all the difference. The problem is that it is impossible for me to finish all 20 inches of heavenly pizza toppings at one time, leaving me with perpetual left overs in the fridge. I have made omelets and lasagna with the toppings in the past, but this time I decided to incorporate some chicken breast and bacon to make the best low carb dish yet! So, here’s a pictorial of how I did it:

First, I pounded out some chicken breasts as thin as possible.

IMG_2298
IMG_2301


Next, using a knife, I separated the toppings from the cold pizza making sure not to get any of the crust.

IMG_2302
I placed the toppings on the breast and rolled it up as tightly as possible.
IMG_2303

I pinned them together with cooking skewers and par fried them in coconut oil. Then I wrapped each roll in tight strips of bacon following the same direction that the pizza was rolled in to help hold the integrity of the roll. I placed them in a pyrex baking dish and put them in an oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until the bacon was golden brown.

IMG_2305IMG_2309

The stuffed chicken roll turned out unbelievably moist and tender. The combination of pizza in the middle and juicy bacon tightly wrapped around the outside made each bite a spicy cheesy juicy explosion of unbelievable flavor. I ate two of them and can’t wait until I have room to finish off the third. Yum!!!

IMG_2310

No comments:

Post a Comment